The American Express Platinum Card is not exactly a credit card but rather a charge card. The difference is that there is no limit, but it must also be paid off in full each month. That’s not why you should have it, though. The card comes with many great benefits just for having it. Many of these benefits are to help justify the annual $550 fee, which, as an active duty service member, can have that fee waived. Let's go over the many great benefits.
- $200 annual airline incidental credits to an airline of your choice. These credits cover expenses like checked baggage and in-flight meals.
- $200 Uber credits each year. You will receive $15 a month in credits and $35 in December towards Uber. It also works on Uber Eats as well.
- $100 at Saks.com each year. January, you will receive up to a $50 statement credit for purchases made to Saks.com and then another $50 in July. I recommend checking out the $50 and under section at Saks. I use Todoist to remind me when my credit comes available.
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry, which will allow you to skip the lines at customs when returning from overseas. This is great if you ever have to travel TDY while in the military.
- Priority Pass lounge access. You can sign up and receive your member card or download the app. Usually gets you into the lounge with free drinks and food. You can bring a guest with you too.
Sign up now, and you can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5000 in the first three months after activation. Like always, use this card for all your regular monthly expenses and pay off in full to get the most out of the rewards and benefits. Learn more by going to AmericanExpress.com (Referral Link) (Non-Referral Link)